Sunday, May 9, 2010

Yosemite

Last Saturday's adventure was a trip to Yosemite.  I have been telling Annie for years that no one should live in California and not see Yosemite.  She's been trying to get there for ages.  She finally arranged to go, at great sacrifice because she had to miss a YSA dance.  In perfect Annie style, she opened it up to the whole region and 65 people said they would "maybe" come.  In Heidi-style, I said "we're leaving at 6:30 am", which got it down to 12 people who wanted to go badly enough to wake up.  Of the 12, none were actually in Annie's ward, so we all got to meet interesting new people.  5 had never been at all, and most of the rest hadn't been for several years. It's 3 1/2 hours each way, but it was so worth it!  Spring is a great time to go, with the waterfalls in full force, clear skies, and perfect weather!
The downside was that two days before the long-anticipated event, Annie sprained not one but BOTH ankles while coaching a kiddie track meet.  So much for hiking.  But we enjoyed touring the valley floor and checking out the A MAZ ING views.  I was too busy navigating, directing, corraling, and adjusting for crutches to take pics, but here are a bunch from my friends:

If you live in California, you must not miss Yosemite! Let me clarify:  you must not miss out on Yosemite.  Once you have seen it, it's impossible to not to long for a chance to go back.

1 comment:

  1. Ah-ha! so now I understand why you thought you might be coming by last weekend. Sorry you couldn't include a stop in Merced, but glad you had a good time - I want to go!

    ReplyDelete