Friday, June 4, 2010

Birthday bonus

It's a mixed blessing to have your birthday on a major holiday.  On the plus side, there's always a three day weekend.  On the minus, other people tend to want to do things on your birthday that you wouldn't necessarily pick- like, say, camping in the prickle bushes at the lake, or getting married.  A bonus is that, when you are not available on your actual birthday, you get to be wished happy on several substitute birthdays.
  • It was a happy day on Sunday when Elaine baked me perfectly-done snickerdoodles.
  • It was a happy day on Monday when the new DVR arrived from Target.  Myself likes to buy me practical birthday presents.
  • It was a happy day on Tuesday when my nephews invited me over for dinner.  Lasagna, cake, balloons, and some of my favorite little dudes offering to spit on my candles for me. Yay!
  • It was a happy day on Thursday (except for the packing) when Annie surprised me with cake and a nose flute serenade.  Yes, really, a nose flute!
  • It was a happy day on Friday when I enjoyed a fun luncheon with the RSP team, complete with cheesecake.
  • It was a happy evening (after the 2 IEP meetings and 2 hrs on the road) when I got to my parents house and we traded presents.  I got something I've been wanting since I moved in- cabinet doors!
  • It was a happy day on Saturday because Mercedes got married!  How could anyone see that and not be happy for her?  And hey, there was plenty of cake to go around. And it was in San Diego.  San Diego always makes me happy.
  • Later, I raced to the beach to recharge my seawater batteries. To top that off, my cute mom and my eclectic friend HJ treated me to a delicious and hilarious dinner.  Side-splitting for sure!
  • It was a happy day on Sunday when I was finally able to collect the greetings and well wishes of my e-friends and family.  Feeling the love!  Check out the cards from my nieces:
Monday found me revisiting the scene of all my agonized preteen birthdays- pokey Lake Don Pedro.  Amazing how much more fun it is when it is free choice and no babysitting is involved.  Elaine joined the fam for the first waterski of the season, and it felt great.

Thanks for helping me celebrate a happy birthday- all week long!

No comments:

Post a Comment