Thursday, February 23, 2012

The 10 gifts of Christmas

I didn't really have presents under my tree this year.  But look around and you will quickly see how delightfully much I received!

 1.  Visits from new friends and a lucky find of the Kristkind fair.  Hallo, Pfeffernüsse, hallo froliche Weinachten!



2. Making smiles with my students at school- even if we had to draw them on.



3. Todd, Ashley, and Olivia came to Cali!  Here is Olivia doing her Grandma impersonation.
Actually, there were lots more visitors. I was so happy to see Alan, Mark & Kristen and kiddos, and even Ruthie and all her handsome boys!  Not happy enough to take pictures, but happy nonetheless.

4.  My lovely Rachel and Emma got to stay overnight with me.  They are so sweet!

5.  It is always a gift to see good friends find happiness.  Congrats to John & Heather Southworth.


6.  I don't have the gift of music, but I like it when others share.  I got to enjoy the Valley Choral Society's presentation of the Messiah with some great friends. It was good, but my favorite Messiah ever is still the one I heard in a drafty old stone church in Lincolnshire on my mission.  300 voices, not the bitter cold, took my breath away.

7.  Remember this?  This is the best surprise ever, a Christmas gift in October, and I super love it!!  Come visit so you can see it!

8.  Of course, there was other nice stuff too.  R & R wrapped up several tiny things just so I would have things to unwrap on Christmas day.  But everybody came through- there was plenty of love to unwrap!

9.  Mexico wasn't in the cards for me this year.  My bro Alan went, so he gave a pretty good gift if you ask me.

10.  The best gift of Christmas:  John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
The gift of a Saviour is the greatest gift of all. 
May the spirit of Christmas touch your life all through the year!

(To help out, I'm posting this in February.)

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! You're back! Spring is just as good a season to say "Seasons Greetings!"

    ReplyDelete