Retirement is a great idea. It comes with perks: you get to travel, you can wear sweats when you used to dress up, you don't have to continually measure up to someone else's expectations, you do things because you want to and not because you have to, you have more time to sleep, and you have time to pursue your hobbies. I think kayaking and snowshoeing are great retirement hobbies! Church dances? No thanks, I'm retired.
If you are just unemployed, then people think something is wrong with you. Or they pity you. Or they offer you unuseful, unsolicited advice. But if you are retired, then people say "Good for you! You earned it! Enjoy!" I'm telling you, retired is the way to go.
Of course, it is widely known that educators and medical professionals (of which I am both) often follow the same retirement path. They kick back for a while, then get the right invitation and return to the familiar scene, on their own terms and with increased value. So far, I am loving retirement. But I would definitely reconsider for the right offer....
I have super fabulous friends. In honor of my retirement party, some showered me with gifts. Others produced these highlight date movies, all based on true stories. (The names have been changed to protect the clueless, so just assume you have never met these lucky gentlemen.) Enjoy! Name your favorite in the comments below!
"Older"
"Three Strikes is Only the Beginning"
"An Attractive Offer"
Too painful!! Way too painful!! Glad you retired!! I left the singles ward at 29 because I decided it would be better to drop out than to flunk out.
ReplyDeleteI guess I vote for the three strikes one.
Congratulations on your retirement! Those videos were super cute- although painful to envision you experiencing the live version of them! Wish we could have been able to contribute as well... I was hoping for video of your stand-up routine! Glad it was so fun- Happy Retirement! <3
ReplyDelete