Monday, September 1, 2008

Blue Baby's Back

Ok, so I'm fond of my car. I won't go into the whole Prius commercial here, but I will say I'm glad to be back in my own vehicle. I love my gas mileage, radio presets, and having my own stuff at hand in the glovebox. (Why, why, why don't rental cars come with tissues?? And why doesn't it go anywhere when I toss my keys in the cupholder?) The body shop was able to replace the bumper in only two days. Even though that's considered "minor" damage, I'm glad I didn't have to foot the $850 repair bill.

They even offered to transfer my carpool lane stickers. Whether you call it favoritism or just good planning, the stickers are part of a discontinued set that lets me drive by myself in the carpool lane and contentedly pass dozens of dirty looks daily. I was stoked not to lose them. Then the idea of somebody with a machine that can remove specially registered car decals and replace them somewhere else started to get creepy. I bet that guy drives a hybrid in the carpool lane and has never paid for a parking permit on campus. And his neighbors better watch out- tick that guy off and they could wake up with their "Keep honking, I'm reloading" and "Coexist peacefully" stickers swapped!

Hmm, that has potential. What would you stick/unstick/ or swap if you had the power? Write a comment below!

2 comments:

  1. The first thing that comes to mind is the uncontrollable urge to de-stick and re-stick a 'Calvin peeing on a Chevy' sticker onto a big Chevy truck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I'd like to take off the "It will be a great day when schools have all the money they need and the air force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber" sticker and restick it- on a bomber.

    ReplyDelete