Not that I'm trying, but I did kind of lie low when I started at my new ward. It's the one advantage of no one knowing who you are- they don't ask you to do stuff.
Somewhere in the third month, I went to church thinking "I'm bored." Within three weeks, I had not one but TWO callings (family history teacher and family canning specialist- what kind of "family" do they think I am??) and had been recruited to help with costumes for the roadshow. Road show and family history- stuck between the young and the old again. And family canning specialist? What on earth is that?? The bishop didn't know, and neither did the Relief Society president. My friend Kelly says it's the ward enforcer- as in, "Clean up your own Cheerios or get canned!" That could come in handy for basketball season: "Don't make me open a can of 3rd Ward on you!!"
I take it back! I'm not bored any more! Next time, maybe I'll try going to church thinking "I'm lonely..."
I wouldn't advise it. If that's what you end up with when you go to church bored, I don't even want to think about who or what you'd end up with if you go to church lonely!
ReplyDeleteUC Davis has a lot of resources to learn about home canning. I think they even have a building in Rosemont where they teach classes.