Saturday, March 21, 2009

Greening

I try to be conscientious about the environment and stuff. We are really good about recycling and all the light fixtures have twisty bulbs. Still, I can't get a handle on the plastic carrier bags. We use them in every trash can and to carry wet clothes and as back up lunch bags, and still they accumulate faster than raindrops on a newly washed car. They can't go in the recycle bin, but you can take them back to several stores. Since that takes an extra step, we just keep stuffing them under the sink until it is a solid wall of plastic.
To help, Virginia wrapped her Christmas gifts in reusable carrier bags (good idea, V!). I picked up a couple more. I tried putting them in with the plastic bags, but they were immediately buried. Then I tried putting them in my trunk, but I always forgot to get them out. Finally, I put them on the floor of the front seat. Now I never fail to remember them-
as I'm going through the checkout line!
Anybody need some plastic bags? I know where there's a mountain of them....

2 comments:

  1. whatever ur doing

    greaning
    it geat issue to deal with

    keep going

    haya

    ReplyDelete