It's been a crazy couple of days since school finished on Thursday. Friday I worked on school stuff and went to a play at my favorite outdoor theater, CalShakes in Orinda. Saturday was spent entirely on Virginia's moving out/ heading to The City/ quitting the old job/ first day of school/ dreams-do-come-true engagement party! Man, I do make some good pulled pork. Lots of people came to wish her well and meet the mysterious fiance. We put them to good use and they moved everything from upstairs to downstairs in just a few minutes. I am going to miss her!!
Sunday was Sunday- family history, church, a meeting for this summer's trek, people over for games.
Today was a continuous stream of errands. Note to self: get picture taken at DMV before getting cavities filled at the dentist. 2nd note to self: your driver's license may expire on your birthday, even if they don't send you a renewal notice!! (oops.)
My old dentist had huge, hairy, gorilla hands that could individually cover my whole face. Although I'm not normally scared of the dentist, I made an exception for him! My new dentist is normal sized and gentle, and quite handsome. And, oddly, he talked to me like a real person and not an appointment. He wasn't even mean when he told me step up the flossing. Even the receptionist suggested I get the cavities done right away before another dr. was on duty. I decided I would come back because when he fixed my two cavities, he said, "it's your lucky day! You don't need a root canal." Everybody, consider right now if it a lucky day for you. Did you need a root canal? No? Ok then! Count your blessings!
I should be packing for Yellowstone. See you in a week.
Lucky is absolutely right! And remember - only floss the teeth that you want to keep.
ReplyDelete