I decided to celebrate my birthday this year Jewish style- that is from sundown to sundown, starting the night before. I threw in a little African and Greek and whatever Wolfgang Puck's is, and it turned out delightful.
Myself always knows what to get me for my birthday. This year myself decided to take me to the touring production of the Lion King, which is here in Sacramento. My spunky friend Shannon and I enjoyed preshow dinner and music at Wolfgang Puck's, then found our way to our seats. The show was absolutely brilliant! Each new animal had us on the edge of our seats, wide eyed like little kids. The costuming was so imaginative, that sometimes we forgot there were even people working the animals. My favorites were the giraffes, and the hyenas, and the on stage percussion, and the stampede..... Anyway, it was a great night.
The next day I met some dear friends at Opa Opa after work. We took up almost the whole patio, laughing and having a good time and generally making the restaraunt look popular. Someone bought me a divine fruit tart from Sweeties. I also got a cupcake, which I happily devoured for breakfast the next morning, and homemade cookies, which counted as visiting teaching. But the funniest food gift was from the owner. Just as we were finishing eating, he brought out a handful of wine glasses and offered to pour "on the house." Most of the people were LDS, so we explained we actually weren't drinking at all. He looked shocked and very, very confused. 10 minutes later, he came out with four little bottles of chilled apple juice. We passed them around and had a first rate toast: to friends, to food, to fun, and to free cider. Opa!
No comments:
Post a Comment