Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Why I do what I do

Some quotable moments:


We were reading a book about pumpkins. Each of the kids had a couple of words on cards. They are supposed to listen for their words and raise their hands when they hear them. One little guy had "weeds." At every page turn, he shouted "I GOT WEED! I GOT WEED! DO YA WANT IT NOW?" In honor of Red Ribbon week, I just said no.


A 3rd grader put the stamp on the ink pad upside down on purpose. I told him he had to clean it and gave him a Clorox wipe. After a few seconds of scrubbing he brought it back, looking startled. He handed it to me, saying "Look! I erased it!" Sure enough, he had completely wiped clean the back of the stamp- including the picture that indicates what the stamp looks like!


When I went to put the wipes away, the same little guy was amazed by the large undersink cabinet (no shelves). He immediately tried to climb in. I talked him out of it. That was good practice for later in the evening. I was glad to see my estatically engaged roommate, Heather, although her twirly giddiness made her ask "Do you sometimes feel like you're roommates with a five year old?" Well, maybe- but five minutes later, when I took this picture, I had to take it back as too harsh. She is obviously acting like an EIGHT year old!



No comments:

Post a Comment