Sunday, October 3, 2010

Singletons

This is not a talent.  Like turning the wrong way at a T-intersection, it is just one of those things that I do far more often than other people.  I seem to accumulate single earrings.  In spite of always putting backs on, bending hooks, checking mirrors, and even tips from helpful strangers, they tend to join me in my lonliness.
The last lonely blue earring was a perfect match for my friend's outfit.  Although she is usually very conscientious, one disappeared before she got home.  "I don't usually lose earrings!" she said, and I laughed.  Apparently my luck extends to my things even when other people wear them!  She apologetically bought me a replacement pair.  Although they are cute, they are of a material that I have been allergic to in the past.  I decided to return them without wearing them, just in case.  When I got to the store, this is what was in my bag:

Oh snap!  Maybe this is a talent!

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear of your highly debilitating condition, I hope it isn't contagious. It probably limits your advancement in certain social circles, maybe you could get some sort of disability supplement to replace all the lost earings? I personally just blame the dog these days when things go missing. And most of the time I am pretty sure I am right.

    ReplyDelete