Shannon Simmons is moving to Washington, DC. I have a week until school starts. So, for the sake of "Go, while you still can!", we are driving cross country from Sac to DC. Oh yeah, bring on the memories!
Photos will be added after the adventure, as internet is pretty spotty.
Shannon's car was so full, that on Thursday night, they alloted me 4x16". I repacked down to just one shoulder bag for 8 days. Fortunately, it fit. Fortunately, I fit. But just barely! We jumped in and headed out Friday morning.
Mike, Shannon's gifted cousin, made us a monster playlist that guarantees car dancing, excitement, and good times. It does not guarantee on time departures, but that is just asking too much.
Nevada is everything I expected it to be, which is desolate and boring. Bleh. Excessive packing, a little bit of speeding, and drag from the motley assortment on the the roof rack sufficiently reduced gas mileage to give us a major scare coming across the salt flats. Shannon was asleep and the E light came on way before Tooele. I woke up Shannon and she prayed. We literally coasted in thanks to fumes and angels. It was absolutely a blessing.
We arrived in Ogden only an hour late, where I was overjoyed to see my cutest nieces and newphew and their grown-ups. Of course, Grandma had BBQ in the freezer. She wanted us to eat some, but the sibs ordered pizza. We were afraid we might have to eat it for breakfast, but in the end the Crispix tradition prevailed and we escaped with only cookies, chips, drinks, towels, and dozens of reminders to drive safe. Gotta love grandma's!
No comments:
Post a Comment