Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Welcome, Elaine!

So, with the moving on and moving up of Virginia, Diana, Becca, Heather, and Erika this year, La Casita de las tres Estrellas is more like La Casita de la Sistema Solar.  Of course, Annie's back after finding that other apartments just don't compare to Casita life.  But what about that last empty room?  Who could come in and shine in the manner of these excellent ladies?

Enter Elaine.  These are her qualifications:
  • She went to the Earth's Best Mission- England, Birmingham.  Good on ya, mate.
  • She lived in Australia for 4 years and can do a passable Australian accent. Super brill!
  • When I asked where she's from, she said "Firebaugh.  It's near Merced." I fell out laughing.  I grew up in Merced, and I usually say "Merced, it's near Modesto."  You know it's a really a map speck if they have to use a tiny dot like Merced as the reference point.
  • She agreed to go to an ASL institute class with me.
  • She rides her bike to ARC.  It has a shopping basket and everything.  She is the first person I have seen looking cute in a yellow rain suit.
  • She's studying fashion design but didn't say anything about my anti-fashionista t-shirts. 
  • She did not try to add any utensils to our already overstuffed kitchen drawers.
  • She's pretty dang cute.
Excellent.  Estrella Elaine- welcome to the constellation!

No comments:

Post a Comment