This hike sent my water meter to overjoyed. First, there's the ocean- big breaths of "feels like home." Then there is a lake with a rope swing- crazy people, time to get wet! Then there are two small waterfalls, a scramble down some shale, and a gorgeous large waterfall that tumbles straight onto the beach. At one point, I stretched out on the sand, listening to the waterfall behind me and the ocean in front of me, and blissfully thought, "There is no reason to ever go home. Except possibly starvation. Or my ride leaving."
When said ride actually attempted to leave, we immediately encountered a flat tire. Fortunately, the guys are very familiar with doughnuts. We called every tire shop, Walmart, and dealership in the bay area, but 8 pm on a Saturday is not a good time to get a flat repaired. After two repair attempts and a very helpful gas station guy, we were finally able to get home. On the way, we passed car with FLAMES engulfing the entire front end- and everyone was reminded that our delay, though inconvenient, could have been so much worse! Thank goodness there were no whiners in our group, and that no one was trying to get home for any thing important.For Amber and I, the day ended with a private concert of Bolinas-inspired songs from my favorite musician friend. Brilliant. Even with the tire delay, this has to be one of the best July days on the record!



Wow! That hike looks amazing! I'll have to put that on the list of must-sees. Very, very cool. I'm with you on the water thing...nothing sounds as good or makes things look as beautiful. See you in a few!
ReplyDeleteI think you topped our day at the beach :o). Please send directions - someday we'll go...
ReplyDeleteWow, that does look gorgeous! I definitely want to do this hike someday.
ReplyDeleteAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! So beautiful!! Thank you for the story... written and in-person!
ReplyDelete