Tuesday, July 6, 2010

So many adventures, we had to extend the weekend!

First off, on Saturday was University Falls.  These are a series of natural waterfalls, where the rock is worn super smooth by the water.  Having recently been to Sun Splash, I have to say this place was just as good without the lines!  Of course, you have to hike in for 1.5 miles, and there is no lifeguard to save your butt, and the water is so cold it will take your breath away, and if you go too far you will splat on the rocks, but other than that, it's perfect.  I am violating a cardinal rule of the internet here, but I am allowing swimsuit photos in this one case.  I am the non-boy blob in the middle.
After the falls, one of the girls invited us back to her parents' mansion, where we encountered another waterslide.  This one was a tube, like in a waterpark, and so long, in the middle it is pitch black with no light from either end.  It splashes out into a natural rock pool, adjascent to one of the two jacuzzis.  All I have to say about that is:  wow.

Sunday was the 4th of July, and I saw a pretty good fireworks show from the front lawn of a friend's apartment complex.

Amber had never been to San Francisco, so on Monday I organized a trip.  To get ready, we watched the movie "The Parrots of Telegraph Hill." With a couple of friends, we hiked all over Telegraph Hill.  We saw Coit Tower, many flower gardens, great Italian restaraunts, a cool fountain, but no parrots.  If you have a chance, go to SF.  If you can't get there, you can see the same views in the movie, plus learn useful tips like:

  • being single makes one crabby

  • if a lady over pecks her guy, he will dump her for another bird

  • please attend to hygeine in order to get a mate, and not expect to get a mate and then have a reason to attend to hygeine.
It's fun to look at gardens with a botanist.  Amber knows what everything is, and managed to foil the guys' attempts to eat any deadly plants.  Plus she is up for anything and a great car dancer.  The guys kept things lively by singing random songs and cracking us up.  It was a non-traditional but excellent day trip to SF.

2 comments:

  1. Sometime you should take your botanist roommate to the arboretum in golden gate park. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my kind of day! You made me lol with the salted pig parts. Can't you talk Amber into staying longer?

    ReplyDelete