Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Home Again

After two weeks away, I'm usually missing something- my bed, my car, familiar food, my family, solitude, or sunshine- and looking forward to getting back. As Wendy and I were driving back from an rainforest hike, sunburnt and bugbitten (yes, I was driving, and yes, she lived), I realized I didn't miss a single thing. I was absolutely content in Australia. Even the 14 hour flight back didn't dampen my enthusiasm. This dream was a long time in being fulfilled and I loved it all. Here's to Australia! I'll be back someday- and until then, I have a whole suitcase filled with TimTams!
*heidi

1 comment:

  1. I am so jealous! I have always wanted to go to Australia. The hike sounds, literally, breathtaking. I was watching "Globe Trekker" and they were in Australia/New Zealand and that made me want to go even more. Sigh...Someday...Sigh
    Until then I am living my dream through you. Happy that you survived.

    ReplyDelete