So normally, if you ask me to sit for 8 hours in a confined space, say perhaps a desk, I will rebel and get very restless. Even church is sometimes a stretch for me. The prospect of 14 hours sitting in a small chair next to two other people with nothing but recirculated air and SkyMall magazines to keep me happy seems bleak.
Enter Qantas, the national airline of Australia. I asked around, and nobody seems to know how the company aquired the name or who absconded with the “u”. It is disconcerting to me to have that “q” running around, attaching itself to any old vowel it wants. However, the company seems intelligent enough otherwise.
The seats have little headrests that fold out to keep your head from falling into the aisle while you snore. Too bad they can’t also keep a person from drooling. The food was edible (although I couldn’t quite bring myself to eat fish provided by an airline) and they even gave me a large bag of snacks with enough M&Ms to keep me happy. Best of all was the on-demand entertainment- movies, TV, music, and simple video games that each passenger can watch on her own small screen. I watched The Bank Job, Iron Man, and Vantage Point. I figure tha t recoups $29.25 of the outrageous cost right there.
So, although sleeping was a little sketchy, I love Qantas. The only thing that could make it better is u.
Hi Heidi!
ReplyDeleteWe look forward to hearing about all of your adventures!
Michelle and the Yorks
Hello Heidi!
ReplyDeleteSounds like things are going great! Great airline... Is there a way to get into your car? It looks like a light is on in your car. I don't want your battery to die...
We're flying Qantas also, and I was wondering how it was. Glad to hear about the snacks and movies, and I'll steer clear of the fish.
ReplyDelete