Friday, August 8, 2008

Missing Monday

Lack of internet has allowed me to write but not post for a couple of days. So here, for your reading pleasure, is a bulging edition of Heidi Lite.

Did you ever just wish you could have a week without a Monday? Yeah, me too. This week I actually got one. I left Sacramento on Sunday night and arrived in Sydney 14 hours later on Tuesday morning. Sorry, anybody with an August 4th birthday. That entire day simply didn’t exist for me.
So how does it feel to have a week without a Monday? So far, like a great use of time. Wendy and I have toured the Opera House, two museums, the Wildlife Experience, the funky Tower with the super-high and super high-priced restaurants, and the Aquarium. My absolute favorite was encountering a school of common dolphins on a jetboat tour. Wendy is a nutter and climbed the open girders of the Sydney Harbor bridge, but I decided not join the 16 workers who plummeted to their deaths while building the 292 foot tall iron structure. I went to a museum instead. We also discovered great ice cream, found a mall, and learned all about opals. You may hear more about these things when I have more time.
Wait-more time- hey, I want my Monday back!

1 comment:

  1. This is funny because I could totally hear your voice as I was reading this email. Ah! I miss Heidi. Please enjoy your adventure and I will enjoy reading it. Please meet a dangerously handsome stranger (preferably male) and tell us all about it. At least mammal, preferably a human.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete