Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I'm half mermaid- it's the top half.

This day makes me happy:
-muffins on a boat
-meeting interesting Americans, Australians, and Germans
-blue skies and blue-green water
-snorkeling on the great barrier reef
-the crew bringing me lunch
-exploring the tropical Green Island (if I didn’t know better, I would think it was annexed to Japan, as all the signs and assistants and tourists appear to speak Japanese)
- Sailing sans engine for a couple of hours back to Cairns
Wendy topped it by taking her first snorkeling dive. We were honestly so tired after this that we walked to our hotel, showered, ate soup, and collapsed at 8 pm. That’s the best I can muster for tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Please tell me that you wore Mermaid seashells while you snorkeled. "Wish I could be, part of that world..." Ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but I'm looking for some!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete